Driver Rehabilitation/Senior Citizens Visual, Cognitive, Aging and/or Physical Disabilities
Do you have a medical condition that affects your vision, cognition or physical abilities? Do you, your family members, or physician have concerns about your driving abilities? Do you require adaptive equipment to remain or begin driving independently?
Your driving skills will be evaluated by one of our Occupational Therapists, Certified Driving Instructors and Certified Driver Rehabilitation Specialists who have been board certified by Association for Driver Rehabilitation Specialists (ADED).
Behind the wheel evaluations are conducted in one of our specially equipped automobiles or high-tech vans. A clinical pre-driver assessment will be required. Our evaluators are friendly, patient and knowledgeable. They will do everything possible to assist you with your driving needs.
To Participate You Will Need
- A physician's prescription
- Be seizure-free for at least 6 months
- Meet state requirements for licensing
- Auto No-Fault
- Worker Compensation
- Michigan Rehabilitation Services (MRS)
- Alternative Sources of Funding (Multiple Sclerosis Society)
- Michigan Bureau of Services for Blind Persons